According to Intellectual Property Watch, A group of public health experts gathered by the World Health Organization agreed today to continue a moratorium on research done on the H5N1 bird flu virus modified in a laboratory to be more transmissible between mammals. But they said research should continue on the naturally occurring version of the virus.
- WHO Advisory Group On Pandemic Flu To Meet Next Week
- WHO Group To Consult On Pandemic Flu Framework In Lead-Up To Assembly
- WHO Group Strikes Landmark Deal On Global Framework For Flu Pandemics
Tags: Advisory Group, Bird Flu, Bird Flu Virus, Flu, Flu Pandemics, Global Framework, Group Health, H5n1 Bird Flu, H5n1 Bird Flu Virus, Intellectual Property, Intellectual Property Watch, Landmark Deal, Lead, Mammals, Moratorium, Pandemic Flu, Public Health Experts, Related Articles, WHO, World Health Organization
According to Intellectual Property Watch, Members of the World Intellectual Property Organization, in the company of indigenous groups from around the world, have entered into eight days of intensive negotiations to try to agree on a draft text for an instrument on the protection of genetic resources.
- WIPO Members Begin Work On Single Text On IP And Genetic Resources
- Draft WIPO Instrument On Genetic Resources Shows Lists Of Options
- Decisive Week Ahead For Protection Of Traditional Knowledge, Genetic Resources